Wednesday, June 11, 2014

10 Years Later

Recently, I had the pleasure of coming across the blog I had before blogging was cool. Of course, this online journal was kept on the very-popular-at-the-time website known as DeadJournal. It was somewhat of a little online cult that many of my friends also participated in, and looking back on my entries triggers a mix of nostalgia and embarrassment.

But I've been going through these old posts in my spare time recently, & I keep stumbling upon these surveys that I used to fill out. These things were quite popular & offered a nice way to make personal information public without anybody actually asking. I mean, that's what high school is all about - right? So I thought it might be kind of fun & interesting to post a quiz that I completed on June 11, 2004 & then fill it out as 2014 Kell, exactly 10 years later. Even though I don't feel any older than I did in high school, I'm sure this will be an eye opener as to how much change there has been since those glory days.


PREFS 

[195] Pepsi/Coke: i like coke better.. but vanilla pepsi is better (I still like Coke better)

[196] Cats/Dogs: dogs (I'll never be a cat person lol)

[197] Singing/Dancing: dancing (Same answer here)

98] Sleep/No sleep: no sleep. (HA! Sleep all day!)

[199] Math/English: english (I still love to write, so English. Math was never any fun)

[200] Internet/Phone: internet (I far prefer talking to someone on the phone than online. Come to think of it, do we even talk to people online anymore? AIM doesn't really exist these days)

[201] Eminem/50 Cent: theyre both sort of annoying (I really liked Eminem's last album)

[202] Chocolate/Vanilla: <33 vanilla (Hmm, you know I always did think Vanilla but I think I like Chocolate better now)

[203] Snow/Sun: sun sun sun sun (Oh yes, sun all the way. I still hate the snow)

[204] Love/Hate: LoVe :) (Love, just without the alternating caps & smiley face)

[205] Ketchup/Mustard: ketchup (Mustard)

[206] Short/Tall: i dont really care (I really love being short, it makes finding maxi dresses that don't come up to my ankles a lot easier)

[207] School/Home: neither.. (I love being at home)

[208] Shower/Bath: shower (Baths still creep me out, so shower)

[209] Gamecube / Xbox: i like gamecube better (Well I have an Xbox now and have never owned a Gamecube so I'm not sure why that was my preference)

[210] Christmas/Easter: christmas (Christmas)

[211] Drugs/No drugs: no drugs (Drug free 4 life)

[212] Dark/Light: in reference to what? (I painted and decorated my living room with warm colors because I like the dark. It's cozy)

[213] Night/Day: night (In between? Can we go with like - dusk?)

[214] Ocean/Pool: the ocean -- even tho i havent been there in forever.. (It's really old and lame of me to vote pool now, but I vote pool)


WHAT | DID | YOU | DO 

[215] Last birthday: partay @ 54 belvidere!! wooo (Sonoma Grille with Jim & then hanging out in our basement drinking good beers - my favorite thing to do!)

[216] Today: nothing.. singing @ graduation soon though (work work work)

[217] Last weekend: went out for my bday with guy, saw harry potter, took the SATs and then partied for my bday :) (Ugh! I am so jealous that at this time 10 years ago I was enjoying Harry Potter in theaters!! But um, last weekend I celebrated my birthday & had Kickline's first recital of the season for the younger girls. I also went for an awesome 5 mile run on the trail on Saturday)

[218] Christmas: went to beaver and got snowed in :( (Ha, I remember that Christmas very well. Now, Christmases are spent usually at my mom's house followed by stopping out to Laura's in the evening.. and obviously celebrating Jim's birthday! Christmas Eve is spent with Jim's family)

[219] Thanksgiving: grandma's house then aunt naomis to visit baby jacob :D (First of all, Naomi is not my Aunt she's my cousin - way to go, genius. And now Thanksgivings are spent at the turkey trot, followed by my mom's, followed by me and Evan Black Friday shopping from 8pm to 2am.)

[220] New year's: ohhh new years eve at the spotti household.. always BaNgIn (I miss those NYE's very much. Now, we go over to Jim's mom's house for her get together)

[221] Halloween: trick or treatin with 4/5 of suyag & lots n lots of drraaammmaaa (WOW! This was a Halloween for the record books that I am referencing here! Halloween is still a blast now, spent dressing up with Jim and typically going to the big party that Kiss throws at Stage AE)

[222] Easter: grandma's house and then.. aunt carol's maybe? i honestly cannot remember.. hmmph (Lunch at my mom's - this is the one holiday that has lost the most oomph over the years)

[223] Valentine's day: oh god.. went to the movies miserable as HELL and i also had wpials that day -- that was the ONLY highlight.. lol. (LOL I remember this one, too. I'm pretty sure I saw Miracle. But this year Jim & I got pizza and rented movies, and we celebrated a few weeks later again by seeing Taylor Williamson at the Improv)


THE | LAST

[224] Thing you ate: a mini pizza (it was a baby linz) (The strawberries I packed in my lunch today)

[225] Thing you drank: milk at like 1:30 last night.. blech. (Dr. Pepper Vanilla Float - it was the highlight of my lunch. Sad but true)

[226] Thing you wore: well considering i still have clothes on, blue fuzzy pants and blue hollister tanktoppy thing.. (Wish I could remember these blue fuzzy pants I'm referencing, but right now I have on jeans, my work shirt, a cardigan, boots and my nerd glasses)

[227] Thing you said to someone: "ok" to my dad telling me my khakis were clean ("Is it working?")

[228] Thing you got pierced/tattooed: my ears when i was 4 (My bellybutton when I was 18 - which caused me to pass out in the middle of the piercing sending Whitney into a panic)

[229] Person you saw: my dad (My coworkers)

[230] Person you hugged: whitney yesterday while walking through the point in a monsoon. (Jim this morning)

[231] Thing that made you cry: oh god, pat pat pat.. (Well this is embarrassing, I was listening to Michael Jackson this morning on my way to work & sometimes I just get emotional that he's gone and well... you do the math)

[232] Person you talked to on the fone: guy dedola. (phone? Elise)

[234] Person you poked: probably erin. just a guess. (Do people still do that?)

[235] Person you instant messaged: stinelli (RIP AIM)

[236] Person you laughed with: on the phone with guy at some certain human beings' assholeness (My coworkers)


NOW

[237] What are you eating: nothing but I'm hunnngryyy (Nothing at the moment)

[238] What are you drinking: nothing but im also thirsty.. (Dr. Pepper Vanilla Float!)

[239] What are you wearing: we already went over this (Same, 2004 Kelli. Same.)

[240] Any shoes on: no. (Yep, brown boots)

[241] Hair: in a big poof atop my blonde head. (Ah, I still love that poof. But right now it's just down and straight)

[242] Listening to: a commercial about ashlee simpson's show. (LOL @ Ashlee Simpson.. but right now, Pompeii by Bastille is on)

243] Talking to anyone: stinelli / amanda (Nope)


OPINIONS

[247] About flag burning: waste of fabric. (Lol, was this a hot topic at the time? This is a very random question to ask)

[248] Of the war on terrorists: i think its going a bit too far if you ask me (Oh dear lord, these are not things 17 year-old Kelli should have been commenting on!)

[249] About abortion: blech.. disgusting. (Eh, I can't say I'm not pro-choice)

[250] Who do you think you'll still be friends with in 5 years: guy, kerr, erin, linz, devney, frank, vince, honestly.. who knows. (Well, I've got news for you - you're still friends with all of them except one, so good for you, Kell)



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment