Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A New (Slightly Different) Endeavor

I've been out of the blogging game for a little while. Writing is one of my favorite things to do, but both my blogs just got kind of stale to me after awhile. Both UnnecessaryDrama.net (RIP, I stopped paying for the domain name) & RunKelliRun.com were awesome experiences while I was into them; I built a great network of contacts in both the beauty & fitness industries and I had the honor of discovering a ton of small businesses that I am still a loyal fan of to this day.

And even though I am still a makeup lover and an avid runner, I just got tired of writing about the same topic over and over and over again. I mean, how many ways can you say that you absolutely love this running headband or my readers should totally go buy this eyeshadow? I wanted to write about my life on these blogs and share other memories, but it always felt really out of place. I had a bigger reader base & they weren't there to hear about what I did over the weekend or look at pictures of my dog. But that's what I wanted to write about, dammit. 

So I kind of decided to push my ego & marketing skills to the side for this blog and for once, I'm not writing for others. I started "Wouldn't it be Nice" for myself, and if I gain some fans who care about what I have to say along the way, fantastic. But it feels really nice & surprisingly relieving to know that I have a place to come and share things without worrying about putting together the perfect review post or running a sponsored contest. Most of the time, I'll probably talk about my dog, my dancers, my boyfriend & my never ending quest to never sit still. I'm a new homeowner who's taking on DIYs every day, and I'm always finding new recipes and projects to try. I'd love to share all of this with anybody who wants to listen, and maybe this can be the start of a whole new blogging experience for me.

No contests here, though :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment